Over the course of the year, we hope to have a positive impact on the school and leave a lasting impression on the students and teachers alike. If anyone has any suggestions or opinions on the direction we are hoping to take, they are welcome to email email@example.com, or speak with their respective representatives. Thank you to all the students and teachers who are helping to make our goals a possibility.
Student council election procedure
- The student council is composed of 12 members – 2 from each Year Group.
○The fifth year representatives will remain on the student council until the end of their sixth year.
- The council will be renewed on Sept 30th of each year.
- Each class nominates two people to go forward to the student council. An election process to be facilitated by the class teacher will take place in September of each year.
- Two from each year will then be selected in consultation with the principal, deputy principals, class teachers and year head.
- There will be a handover process for October of each year.
- The council will meet every third/fourth week to discuss matters arising.
○ The meeting date will be announced no later than one week before it is set to take place
○ From this point, submissions for the agenda will be taken by the Secretary
○ The Secretary will release the Agenda no later than three days before the meeting is set to take place
○For everybody within the Student Council to attend each meeting.
○To maintain confidentiality of the information discussed during the meetings
○To meet with the principal/deputy on occasion during the year
○To develop and maintain continuity in the student council
○To maintain the healthy relationship between the Student Council and the staff.
○To leave a well-rounded, positive impact on Colaiste an Spioraid Naoimh