From its earliest years, Coláiste an Spioraid Naoimh established itself as a centre of academic excellence. This tradition continues to this day.
Learning and Teaching in our school aims to provide a comprehensive and holistic education for our students thus enabling them to reach their full potential.
To achieve this we:
- Promote and develop supportive and respectful connections between students and staff
- Create a positive atmosphere in our classrooms conducive to learning
- Foster on-going professional training to help staff develop and embed best practice in Learning, Teaching and Assessment
- Support the use of a variety of teaching strategies which are creative, experiential and purposeful
- Encourage students to reflect on their progress as learners and develop a sense of ownership of and responsibility for their learning
We are committed to promoting a culture of excellence in Learning and Teaching so that our students are well prepared and equipped with the necessary competencies and skills to take their place as responsible adult members of society.